I think I am turning into a vampire. I do not seem to need to sleep. Awake for most of the duration I am averaging a book per night to keep myself entertained. Granted, vampires probably have more of an interesting time than curling up with the latest offering from Richard and Judy's book club.
In the past three nights I have completed 'On Chesil Beach', Ian McEwan (characteristically well written though not his best); 'Girl with a pearl earring', Tracey Chevalier (thoughtful historical novel); and 'This book will save your life', A.M.Homes (quite the opposite, it sapped my will to live).
As I lay awake last night I heard a plane flying above me and pictured the pilot looking down on me from the dark sky. I decide that I need to look down on my life from further away, a ruthless lost boy to clear away the clutter. If only I could stake Dolores through the heart to stop her coming with me, affecting my every decision.
Katy
(Tea or coffee?)
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment