Wednesday, April 4, 2007

L is for lethargic



It seems that the less you do, the less you want to do. Despite the fact that it's a beautiful sunny day I can barely be bothered to lever my backside from the sofa and go out. And this in itself irritates me as I'm not a person who naturally likes doing nothing. Especially as I should make the most of feeling well enough to do something. But something feels like such an effort today.
I take my camera and wander around the Quayside trying to take some vaguely interesting pictures, but my heart's not in it. You can tell. When I look at the pictures later it's obvious that the person behind the lens is devoid of inspiration. I had also forgotten that it's the Easter school holidays and crowds of parents were dragging children that looked as bored as me by the hand, making it less simple to get clear shots.


I wanted to get a coffee but since seeing the trailer for Black Gold I'm having conscience issues as a major drinker. Without sounding too much like a hand knitted yogurt wearing tree hugger, I'm trying to do my bit by checking my beverages are fairly traded. Box duly ticked I found I was having to shout to make myself heard above the clatter of cups and background noise as I am temporarily deaf in one ear. ( I know, at present it would be quicker to describe which bits of me were healthy rather than the growing list of ailments). I was sent away by the nurse yesterday who informed me that she can't see my ear drum and my ear will have to be syringed. But I have to put olive oil in it for a week first. Quite how I'll fit Popeye's girlfriend in there I'm not sure. (Groan). The nurse did look rather perplexed when I asked "Extra virgin?"


Katy


(What are you Lost without?)

No comments: