A word of warning to any mother thinking of entertaining her children with a spot of egg painting whilst they are off school. Unless you have the patience of a saint and the hand of a surgeon - don't. Going home for the Easter holidays, I thought it would be a nice idea. Any activity that keeps me sitting still helps to keep Dolores quiet. However, the stress has driven me completely mad.
Having boiled the eggs in water containing food colouring, I duly set to work with my Barbie glitter icing pens. Trying to balance egg between thumb and forefinger whilst writing in icing is no mean feat. I believe I let out a scream when I dropped my third egg (onto a tea towel) and had to wash the smudged mess off and start again. Although the noise could have been in my head, who knows?Balancing the eggs on their axes on a variety of objects in the fridge posed a new challenge. Believe me, it's the new axis of evil. And getting a triangle of Laughing Cow out of the fridge from behind the drying eggs was a military operation. I now have a collection of eggs sitting on bottle tops, vitamin jars and an empty bubble bath bottle. I have to remember to open the door very very slowly.
I was going to paint an egg for each family member. I think in order to preserve my sanity I will have to purchase some chocolate ones. It's the thought that counts.
Katy
(Movies or theatre?)
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment