
So here we are back at A.
Same old Dolores, different country. We thought about using numbers instead of letters this time. But there are a finite number of letters in the alphabet which makes me feel more positive that Dolores might not always be around. If I used numbers I could count forever.
It has taken me precisely a week to adapt to being back home.. ..and start thinking about how nice it would be to be away again. Everything seems so one dimensional and grey compared to Italy. Although I have missed my flat - it's nice to be back amongst my things rather than living in impersonal rooms.
I have been trying to take it easy since returning, anxious to keep Dolores as quiet as possible. However, despite doing little on Thursday, by evening I am increasingly aware of her starting to whinge. The whingeing turns to crying and I bed down for the duration. Her mood matches the violent stormy weather as she shrieks and howls around the inside of my head and makes me more nauseous than her past few attacks. She makes me constantly sick throughout Friday before allowing me to drift into a fitful sleep. I had arranged to catch up with the girls on Friday night but I have to cancel; frustrated and upset.
Saturday I resolve to have a complete day of rest. As usual my first shower is heaven. I open windows to let fresh air in and make a bed on the sofa with the french doors open. Jack Bauer saves me as well as the rest of the USA as I watch back to back episodes of 24 to hold my attention and stop me from doing.
Although I'm desperate for the outside world today Dolores is kicking me in the back as she always does after a period of enforced lying in bed. I manage a walk to the supermarket before settling down with the Sunday papers.
Same old Dolores, different country. We thought about using numbers instead of letters this time. But there are a finite number of letters in the alphabet which makes me feel more positive that Dolores might not always be around. If I used numbers I could count forever.
It has taken me precisely a week to adapt to being back home.. ..and start thinking about how nice it would be to be away again. Everything seems so one dimensional and grey compared to Italy. Although I have missed my flat - it's nice to be back amongst my things rather than living in impersonal rooms.
I have been trying to take it easy since returning, anxious to keep Dolores as quiet as possible. However, despite doing little on Thursday, by evening I am increasingly aware of her starting to whinge. The whingeing turns to crying and I bed down for the duration. Her mood matches the violent stormy weather as she shrieks and howls around the inside of my head and makes me more nauseous than her past few attacks. She makes me constantly sick throughout Friday before allowing me to drift into a fitful sleep. I had arranged to catch up with the girls on Friday night but I have to cancel; frustrated and upset.
Saturday I resolve to have a complete day of rest. As usual my first shower is heaven. I open windows to let fresh air in and make a bed on the sofa with the french doors open. Jack Bauer saves me as well as the rest of the USA as I watch back to back episodes of 24 to hold my attention and stop me from doing.
Although I'm desperate for the outside world today Dolores is kicking me in the back as she always does after a period of enforced lying in bed. I manage a walk to the supermarket before settling down with the Sunday papers.
Katy
(Which Animal would you be?)
No comments:
Post a Comment