Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I is for intolerable

I seem to be stuck in a vicious not sleeping-morbid-tiredness cycle. I'm beginning to think that I was accidentally injected with too much sedative in hospital. Either that or I'm incredibly lazy and I've only just realised. Despite being crushingly tired during the day, as soon as I go to bed to my eyelids peel themselves to the back of my head. Sleeping tablets don't work and I have tried all the usual fluffy remedies of lavender on my pillow (smell gives me a headache) and a warm milky drink before bedtime (I have to get up for a wee). Does anybody have any suggestions for a good nights sleep and boundless daytime energy? Or is that liking asking for the keys to the universe?

I've also invested in some fish oil tablets as my memory seems terrible at present. Whether this is due to the drugs or just plain old age who knows. If they're good enough to feed to Primary School children (the tablets not the drugs that is) then they're good enough for me. We probably have the same attention span.

I've stocked up on the vegetable count in my fridge too - just because I'm eating lots of strawberry ice cream, I'm not convinced it counts as one of my five-a-day.

BF called last night - 4 years ago we were at the Winter Music Conference in Miami. We reminisce about a time when we were tanned, interesting and gorgeous as opposed to pale, unhealthy and social recluses. What happened to us? Oh yes, I got ill and she got pregnant.

Katy

(What Inspires you?)

No comments: